Connect your mobile device to the UCT wireless service (for non-Android and non-iOS devices)
The settings in these instructions are not specific to any particular mobile device operating system, so they may appear in a different order or under different names on your device. If you use an Android or an iOS mobile device, then you may want to follow those instructions instead.
To set up your connection to eduroam, you need to secure your device and then set up an eduroam connection. Follow the instructions below for each of these steps.
To set up your connection to eduroam, you need to first secure your device and then set up an eduroam connection.
Before you connect to the UCT wireless service, your device must comply with UCT Networking policies:
- Your device must have the latest operating system updates or patches (available via your device’s Software update feature).
- Your device must have an up-to-date anti-virus software program (there are numerous well-known apps available for mobile devices).
Failure to comply with these requirements puts you in violation of the Policy on unsecured computers at UCT - and you could lose access to the UCT network.
Before following these steps, please check whether we have instructions available for your particular device.
- Navigate to your device’s WiFi settings.
- Connect to eduroam using the following settings:
- Network SSID: eduroam
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- EAP method: EAP/PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Identity / Username: email@example.com (where “username” is your student or staff number)
- Password: UCT network password
- IP settings: DHCP
- Trusted Certificate: DigiCert Global Root CA
|Staff members, masters, doctoral and postdoctoral students||Undergraduate, honours and postgraduate diploma students|