Connect your iOS device to the UCT wireless service
To set up your connection to eduroam, you need to first secure your device and then set up an eduroam connection.
Before you connect to the UCT wireless service, your device must comply with UCT Networking policies:
- Your device must have the latest operating system updates or patches (available via your device’s Software update feature).
- Your device must have an up-to-date anti-virus software program (there are numerous well-known apps available for mobile devices).
Failure to comply with these requirements puts you in violation of the Policy on unsecured computers at UCT - and you could lose access to the UCT network.
Automatically set up your device using eduroam CAT
Manually set up your device
- On the Multi-Touch screen, tap Settings.
- In the Settings column, tap WiFi.
- Ensure that WiFi is turned On.
- In the Choose a Network… section, select eduroam.
- In the Enter Password dialog box, enter the following:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (where “username” is your student or staff number)
- Password: UCT network password
- Tap Join.
- In the Certificate dialog box, tap Accept.
|Staff members, masters, doctoral and postdoctoral students||Undergraduate, honours and postgraduate diploma students|