Remote Desktop Services for Windows
A remote desktop client comes standard on all Windows machines.
- Click Start and search for Remote Desktop Connection.
- Enter the following information:
- Computer: rds.uct.ac.za.
- User name: email@example.com.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your UCT password and click OK.
- Select Desktop and open the software package or application you would like to use.
- Choose where you would like to save the file.
- When you've finished using the Remote Desktop Connection, click X at the top of the screen.
- Click OK in the dialog box that appears indicating that your remote session will be disconnected.
- Your remote desktop session is completed.