Remote Desktop Connection for Apple
The remote desktop client is compatible with Mac OS X versions 10.5.8 and later. To check if your computer is suitable for installing the remote desktop client, go to the Apple menu and click About this Mac.
Connect your Mac to a remote Windows-based PC
- Download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop App.
- After successful installation, open the Remote Desktop Connection and enter the following:
- Computer: rds.uct.ac.za.
- User name: email@example.com.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your UCT password in the Windows Security dialog box and click OK.
- On the Start screen, click Desktop and select the software package or application you would like to use.
- Choose where you would like to save the file.
- When you've finished using Terminal Server Session, click X at the top of the screen.
- Click OK in the dialog box indicating that your remote session will be disconnected.
- Your remote desktop session is completed.