UCT's Disability Unit has acquired a site licence for Read&Write Gold literacy support software. Using visual and audio aids, the tool assists people who are dyslexic or who have literacy problems to improve their reading and writing skills. People who have difficulty typing or who would simply like to improve their literacy skills may also find the software useful. This software is currently only available for Windows.
How do I install it?
- Log on to the ICTS Downloads page.
- Navigate to Windows > Applications.
- Double-click Read&Write.
- Once the setup file is downloaded, open it, then click Accept then OK.
- Once the installation is completed, click OK on the Read&Write Setup dialog box.
- The installation is complete and you can navigate to your desktop to use the software.
How do I use Read&Write?
Read&Write is a navigational toolbar that you can easily access while working in Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer and Adobe PDF. Every time you need to use the software, simply click on the Read&Write desktop icon and the toolbar will appear on either the top or side of the window you are working in. For detailed instructions on how to use the Toolbar watch this Read&Write demonstration video for help or this full tutorial for detailed instructions.