Are you ready to go on leave?
If you are planning on taking leave over this coming vac, we wish you a safe and restful break. We look forward to working with you again next semester.
Here are some tips to make your first few days back at work as trouble-free as possible.
Back up your data
Do one final backup before you go on leave and store it in a safe place, preferably away from your office. Then you can rest easy. Don't panic if you've never done a backup before. Read our article on backing up your data in five easy steps.
Take care of email before you go on leave
- Remember to set up your Out of Office notification in Outlook for the time period you will be away.
- If someone else needs to access your incoming emails while you are away, instead of giving them your password, rather set up mail rules to move particular messages to a folder that you then share with your colleague(s).
- While on leave, you can either access your mailbox via the Outlook Web App or you can set up your mobile device to connect to Microsoft Exchange.
- We do not recommend forwarding your messages to another account. However, if you decide to forward your messages, please be careful as mail bounces could occur during the forwarding process:
- Check that the destination mailbox address is typed correctly.
- Ensure that the mailbox you are forwarding your messages to has sufficient space to receive all your messages.
- Test your forwarding rules before going on leave.
Manage your own password
It's easy to forget your password once you return to work after a long, relaxing holiday. Before you leave, make sure that you're set up on Password Self-Service. That way, if you forget your password when you get back, you can easily reset it yourself.