Microsoft Teams information sessions
The ICTS Training team offers a number of Microsoft Teams online sessions to help you get acquainted with this powerful collaboration tool. There are also a few related to Office 365 applications and how it integrates with Teams.
If you have a query regarding information essions or about ICT training, please contact the ICTS Training team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or book a consultation with a trainer at no cost via their online booking form.
You can either add the sessions to your calendar by using the iCal entries that were sent to you via email, or join on the day using the applicable link below.
Alternatively, keep track of your continuous learning by adding these sessions to your learning assignments on SuccessFactors. Once you attend a session it will be added to your learning history.
- Navigate to http://successfactors.uct.ac.za/ and log on with your UCT staff number and password.
- Under Find Learning, enter Info session series: Microsoft Teams and M365 in the search bar and click Go.
- Click the Info session series: Microsoft Teams and M365 box.
- You can either click Assign to Me to add it as a learning assignment, Register Now for it or Recommend to a colleague.
Wednesday, 15 September 2021
Manage your files online
10:00 - 11:00
Let’s be honest: our current file management system may not be as good as we want it to be. Files are saved on online storage platforms, in our mailboxes, and even in Teams.
Allow us to explain the various options so that you are empowered to manage your files optimally.
Thursday, 16 September 2021
Interactive tools in Teams
10:00 - 11:00
There are so many cool interactive tools that you can use in Teams to enhance engagement in your meetings and teaching.
During this session, we will show you some of the most popular ones available, and how you can incorporate them into your meetings.
Friday, 17 September 2021
Microsoft Teams time management
10:00 - 11:00
Microsoft Teams has become an essential tool in the work that we do. From communicating to collaborating, we use it to stay connected. It can, however, get a bit overwhelming when you need to keep track of incoming chats, instructions shared in posts, and even meeting follow-ups.
This session will help you better manage your Teams time by showing you ‘real-world’ approaches you can adopt to stay sane and effectively manage tasks.
Monday, 20 September 2021
Microsoft Teams recordings
10:00 - 11:00
Microsoft is set to change the way that meeting recordings are stored. We will provide more information about this upcoming change, so that you know how it will impact you. We will also highlight some of the benefits of using OneDrive for Business and SharePoint to store recordings.
- Take your PowerPoint skills to the next level
- Microsoft Teams recordings
- Advanced chat features in Teams
- Screen sharing tips
- Microsoft Teams latest features
- Work with files and online storage in Teams
- Microsoft Teams: polls and quizzes
- Microsoft Stream: internal video-sharing platform
- Microsoft Bookings: manage appointments
- Microsoft Sway: discover its website capabilities
- Teams for academics: Create a virtual learning environment
- Microsoft Teams: the basics
- Using teams, channels, and tabs
- Microsoft Teams: top 10 new features
- Teams for academics: manage meetings
- Narration and screen recordings in PowerPoint
- Get started with Microsoft Teams
- Manage meetings
- Manage meeting resources after the meeting (recordings, notes, etc.)
- Work with apps
- Microsoft apps: what's available and when to use them
- Microsoft Teams: latest updates and time saving features
- Microsoft Sway: new kid on the block
- Apps, bots and connectors in Teams: what does it all mean?
- OneNote: ideal for learning, teaching and everyday use
- Specifically for academics
- Get familiar with Microsoft 365 Education and Teams
- Microsoft Teams: set up teams and create class notebooks
- Microsoft Teams: Manage notebooks and work with apps
- Explore the Office 365 suite part one
- Explore the Office 365 suite part two
All of the presented sessions have been recorded and are available on the ICTS Training channel on Microsoft Stream.
If you have not set up Microsoft Teams as yet, you can do so by following these instructions.