Software-based video conferencing at UCT
You can set up software-based video conferencing within an hour, provided that all equipment is in good working order. To use this option, both you and your participants in other locations will need a webcam, the relevant video conferencing software and a display device (e.g. monitor or data projector – depending on how many people are in the room with you).
ICTS provides the network infrastructure (including bandwidth management). ICTS can also advise you on which software and configuration to use, but you remain responsible for actually setting up and connecting the technology.
Consult the table below for guidance on setting up video conference.
|To host a video conference for a...||…you can use|
One-to-one location session
i.e. you want to host a video conference with one other location from your desk.
One-to-three location (maximum) session
i.e. you want to host a video conference with two other locations from your desk, where each of the locations logs on from a computer.
One-to-one team session (maximum of 30 people online at the same time)
i.e. you want to host a video conference with three or more locations from your desk, where each of the locations logs on from a computer.
- Log on to ServiceNow Customer View using your network username and password.
- Select Phone and Communications Services.
- Select Video Conference / Streaming Services.
- Select Request a consultation for video conference / streaming solution.
- Complete the required information and click Submit.
- Your request has been logged with ICTS and a consultant will contact you.