Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Acrobat Pro DC is a powerful PDF creator and converter that includes smart tools for editing, sharing, and transforming of files and documents. You can use the interactive PDF forms to collect information and collate it for analysis. In addition, the text recognition feature makes scanning and manipulating documents a breeze.
How can I get it?
Adobe has changed its licensing model: your Adobe licence will no longer be linked to a serial number. Instead, it will be linked to your UCT staff credentials.
NOTE: Only permanent, T1 and T2 staff are covered under this licence agreement. Third parties and students are not.
Please take the following steps to re-licence your Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:
- Navigate to the Acrobat Pro DC order page in the ServiceNow portal.
- Click the Order Now button to submit a request to licence Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- ICTS Acquisitions will grant you the licence and you will receive a welcome email from Adobe.
- Proceed to the Adobe website and follow the instructions on the website to download and install the software.
NOTE: This installation will overwrite any previous versions of the software you have.
- When you launch the software for the first time, please accept the Licence Agreement.
- Sign in to activate the software: Enter your UCT email address and you will be redirected to the single sign-on page where you will enter your UCT username and password.
Experiencing issues with your upgrade?
- Once installed, when prompted for a serial key or to sign in click Sign in.
- Enter your UCT email address and click Next.
- When asked to choose an account type, choose Company or School account.
- You will be redirected to the UCT sign in page, please enter your UCT password here.
- Click Sign in, and your Acrobat DC Pro will be activated again.
You can view Adobe’s online introduction and training videos . There is also a fantastic introductory video, Acrobat DC Essential Training, on LinkedIn Learning to help you get to grips with this great software. When viewing these videos, please note that UCT has a perpetual licence and not a subscription licence. This means that not all of the cloud-based features are available to UCT users.
Adobe products at UCT
While the full Adobe suite is not site-licensed, Adobe does give UCT preferential pricing on a range of Adobe products. This covers all Adobe software purchased using a UCT fund and cost centre and is for UCT-owned computers only. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is only site licenced for permanent, T1 and T2 staff, and not Third parties and students. All are free to download and install Adobe Reader as an alternative, which can be downloaded here.