Using Skype for Business at UCT
What is Skype for Business?
Skype for Business is a unified communication platform that lets you interact in multiple ways with your colleagues and contacts. Within a single interface, you can speak to contacts via:
- instant messaging
- voice calls
- video calls
- conference calls (video, audio and web conferences)
You can also share and collaborate on documents or share your screen to give a presentation directly from your desktop or mobile device.
You can use Skype for Business to stay in touch with your contacts even when you are not in office or if your office phone or computer is down (for example, due to load-shedding).
Who can use the software?
Skype for Business is available to UCT staff using Windows and Mac. There is no official client for Linux.
Install Skype for Business
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com.
- Enter your email@example.com then click Next.
- On the UCT sign-in page, enter your UCT password, then click Sign In.
- Click Install office and select Other install options.
- In the left hand bar, click Apps & devices.
- In the Skype for Business section, select your installation type then click Install Skype.
- Navigate to the location to which you saved the installation file and double-click the file to open it.
- Once the installation is complete, open the Skype for Business application and sign in with the following details:
- Sign-in address: UCT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Username: UCT email@example.com
- Password: UCT password
|Quick reference guides||Videos|
Note: Each link below contains both a video and written instructions.
Resources for Mac users