Sending printouts to another printer on campus via iPrint
If you need to send a document to someone at UCT, instead of emailing, faxing, posting or taking it to them, you can print it directly to their printer. This gives them a physical copy of the document quickly and conveniently.
This feature is also useful if you are at home and want to print documents on campus.
NOTE: This feature will only work if the recipient's printer is an iPrint printer and you know the recipient's iPrint printer number.
Install the driver for the recipient's printer
- Go to the iPrint Webpage and log on using your network Username and Password.
- On the iPrint Client page, find and select the recipient's printer:
- Either look in the Install Printer column (this contains the iPrint printer number, which was gathered before beginning this procedure);
- Or look in the Printer Location column, to find the printer closest to the recipient;
- Or use the Search function, above the list of printers, by entering the building location (e.g. "Bremner") or the printer name (e.g. "IPP00141").
- When you have found the printer, click on its name (e.g. "IPP00132") in the Install Printer column.
- When asked if you want to install the printer, do not select the Set printer as default checkbox.
- Click Yes to install the printer's driver and settings.
- You will be notified when the printer installation is successfully completed.
- Click OK.
Print the document to the recipient's printer
- Open the document you want to print and select Print.
- In the Printer field, select the recipient's printer.
- Edit the relevant printing settings (e.g. print a specific number of copies; print only a certain page range).
- Click Print.
- The document will be printed to the recipient's printer.