Install and sign in to the Polycom VVX310 IP phone
What’s in the box?
When you receive the phone, check that the box includes the following contents (numbered according to the diagram):
- Polycom VVX310 Phone
- Handset and cord
- Power cable
- Network Cable
- Phone Base
- Ferrite Clamp
If any of the components are missing, please contact the IT Helpdesk to request assistance.
You may also find a quick assembly guide booklet in the box. Do not follow those instructions. Rather follow the steps covered in this article.
Step 1: Connect the cables
- Unplug the network cable from your computer and connect it to the phone’s LAN socket (as shown in step 1 above).
- Take the supplied black network cable and plug it into the phone’s PC socket (as shown in step 2 above). Add the ferrite clamp to this point of the cable, then plug the other end in to your computer.
- Take the supplied handset and connect the chord to the phone’s handset socket (as shown in step 3 above).
- Take the supplied power adapter and connect it to the phone’s power socket (marked DC 48V – as shown in step 4 above).
- Switch off your wall plug, then plug the phone’s power adapter in to the wall plug.
Step 2: Install the phone and its base
Step 3: Install the BToE software
- On your computer desktop, double-click Polycom BToE Connector.
- Click Agree and Install.
- Click Install.
- Select Reboot PC and click Finish. Your computer will restart.
Step 4: Connect the phone to PC/Laptop
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the phone’s PC port to the network port (i.e. LAN connection) on your computer.
- After a few seconds, the phone will display a message saying that it has successfully paired.
Open Skype for Business.
Sign in using these details:
- Sign-In address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User Name: email@example.com
- Password: your network password
Your phone should now be ready to use.