Connect a Windows computer to UCT network drives
UCT hosts several network drives – such as an individual F: drive (personal storage space for each staff member and student) and the G: drive (which contains storage space for each department). It is worthwhile noting that the F: drive is currently being decommissioned for UCT staff.
For shared areas – such as the folders on your department’s G: drive – you’ll need access to the department’s common drive.
How to access the drives
Install the Novell client (staff only)
Most UCT-owned and purchased computers come with the Novell client pre-installed. If your computer does not have the client installed, log a call with IT Helpdesk or install it yourself following the instructions below.
Install the client by downloading it from the ICTS Downloads page:
- Log on to the ICTS Downloads page and navigate to Windows > Novell Client.
- Select NovellSP4-IR10 (if you are running Windows 10) or NovellSP4-IR5-Win7 (if you are running Windows 7), then download the installation file to a convenient location.
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in, then double-click the downloaded installation file.
- Proceed through the installation procedure and restart your computer when prompted.
- Log on using your UCT username and password.