Public holidays and official UCT calendar events in the UCT email system
|Effective date of the policy:||
1 August 2009
20 April 2015
Policy approved by:
Table of contents
The purpose of this policy is to provide clarity on the population of Public holidays and official UCT Calendar events to staff, third party and student calendars on the UCT email system.
This policy applies to all users of the central UCT email system.
- Government-declared public holidays, ICTS scheduled maintenance slots, UCT Meetings calendar and official UCT Calendar events will be published for all staff, third party and student to subscribe to.
- These events will be populated annually and subscription to these calendars is optional. New UCT events will only be populated after they have been published by the responsible governing body.
- Official events to be populated
- Only official public holidays and official UCT Calendar events will be populated to staff, third party and student calendars on the UCT email system.
- Official public holidays refer to public holidays declared by government in The Public Holidays Act (Act No 36 of 1994) viewable at http://www.gov.za/about-sa/public-holidays.
- Official UCT Calendar events refer to the published UCT academic year overview.
- ICTS scheduled maintenance slots
- UCT Meetings Calendar as published on the UCT website.
- The calendars will be published to a page on the ICTS website. Staff and students can subscribe to the various calendars from this page.
- Meetings, functions and maintenance events, e.g. staff meetings, conferences, concerts, scheduled maintenance, power outages, etc, are specifically excluded from population in these calendars.
- Departments can set up and publish their own events calendar. If the department wants the link to their calendar displayed on the UCT calendars page on the ICTS website, they must log a call with the IT Helpdesk.
- Implementation schedule
- Updates to the calendars will be reflected immediately when staff and students subscibe to the calendars.
- Changes to, or new events, in the calendars will be implemented after they have been published by the relevant governing body and will be made without prior communication to users.
- No historical events will be populated, i.e. should an update be run in February then events in January will not be populated.