Back up your data using OneDrive
OneDrive for Business allows you to save and back up files on the cloud. You can save it on your machine and access it on another device online.
Download and install OneDrive for Business
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com and enter your email@example.com then click Next.
- On the UCT sign-in page, enter your UCT password, then click Sign In.
- When the Office 365 portal opens, click OneDrive.
- OneDrive comes pre-installed with Windows 10. If you have Windows 10 installed, in the bottom left corner of the screen click Get the OneDrive apps > Click here to download.
- If you're using any other operating system, click Download.
- The OneDriveSetup.exe file will be saved in your Downloads folder.
- Locate the file in your Downloads folder and right click it > click Run as administrator.
- Once the installation is completed, a cloud icon will appear in the taskbar at the bottom of your screen.
- Click the cloud and sign in with your firstname.lastname@example.org and password.
- When you open File Explorer, there will be a OneDrive – University of Cape Town option in the left hand column.
- You will now get the option to save files in your OneDrive folder.
NOTE: Regularly click the cloud icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen to ensure your OneDrive – University of Cape Town Up to date.
- Either download OneDrive for macOS from the App Store or navigate to https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/microsoft-365/onedrive/download to install the application.
- Go to your Downloads folder and click the downloaded file entitled OneDrive.pkg to run the installation software.
- Open OneDrive for Business and if prompted to log in, enter the following:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Password: your UCT password
- You may get a pop up message that says OneDrive wants to use your confidential information stored in "adalcache" in our keychain.
- The Azure AD Authentication Library (ADAL) cache is associated to Office 365 authentication. If you get this pop-up, enter your MAC username and password.
- Click Allow or Always Allow to update your keychain.
- Click Next to complete the setup.
- Go to Finder and open the OneDrive – University of Cape Town folder in the left-hand column.