Skype for Business (Apple Mac users only)
Install the client
These instructions apply to Apple Mac users only. For Windows computers, please install the Windows version of Skype for Business.
- Navigate to Microsoft's Skype for Business on Mac page.
- Ensure that the relevant language is selected, then click Download and save the download file to your computer.
- Navigate to the location you saved the installation file to and double-click the file to open it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Skype for Business.
- Once the installation is complete, access Skype for Business from the dock or Launchpad.
- In the opening setup screen
- First enter your UCT firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Advanced Options.
- In the User Name text box, enter your UCT email@example.com then click Save.
- Click Continue.
- In the next text box, enter your UCT password.
|In the menu at the top of your screen, select Help > Skype for Business Help.|
Forward calls from your office phone to another number
If you’re away from your office, or your office phone is offline (e.g. during load shedding), Skype for Business can forward calls from your work phone to your mobile, home or other number.
- In the menu bar, click Skype for Business > Preferences.
- Select Calls.
- Enable Turn on call forwarding.
- Set your preferences for forwarding calls and simultaneous ring.
- Close the Calls window.