Remote access to resources on UCT network (UCT VPN)
To help ICTS service your request effectively, please ensure that you comply with the following prerequisites:
- Fulfil the fundamental customer responsibilities.
- Use a computer.
- Use a valid UCT username and password.
- Ensure that you have an account with an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Install the Cisco VPN Client software on your computer.
- Enable remote desktop software (if you want to run any applications that are hosted on your office computer – e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
You will need to first connect to the UCT VPN and then use a remote desktop program to access your computer.
Access is available 98% of the time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week excluding official monthly maintenance windows.
Read the Core SLA FAQ for a detailed definition of Availability.