FAQs Microsoft Campus Agreement
The following software is available in terms of the Microsoft Campus Agreement (MCA):
- Microsoft Office Pro Edition - includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher
- Microsoft Office Mac Edition
- Core CALS (Client Access License)
- Windows 32- & 64-bit Operating System upgrades
NOTE: According to UCT's MCA, the Windows Upgrade can only be used to upgrade an existing Windows Operating System (OS). You need a pre-existing, legal copy of the Windows OS for the computer that this software is being loaded onto. This also applies to loading Windows onto an Apple desktop/notebook as a dual OS system, i.e. you would first need to purchase a Windows OS licence in this instance.
- OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) versions of Operating Systems.
- Server editions of software.
- All UCT permanent staff with UCT-owned computers
- All Joint Medical staff.
- Computers in campus student computing labs, connected to the UCT network.
- All UCT staff members who have a minimum of a T1 6-month employment contract.
- Postdoctoral Fellows.
- Undergraduate students
- Postgraduate students
- Part-time staff who do not have at least a T1 6-month employment contract
- 3rd party staff