ImageNow is a document management, imaging and workflow solution designed to store documents that serve as evidence of business activities. For example, you may need to keep certain documents for auditors or for legal purposes. ImageNow assists in these cases as the data is stored securely and centrally, so you no longer need to keep your own copies – either physically or electronically.
ImageNow is integrated with various UCT systems (e.g. PeopleSoft and SAP) and reduces the number of paper-based processes in our environment.
Use it to capture and manage documents, images and data from emails, reports, and non-image file formats such as Word documents (.docx) and text (.txt) files.
There are two ways that you can use the software: via the client or via the web. Install and use the client if you want to use the full suite of features – including search, view, scan, capture, output and complete workflow actions. If you only need to search and view documents and workflow, use WebNow, which works through a web browser and doesn’t require installation.
ImageNow components in use at UCT
UCT uses the following components of ImageNow:
- CaptureNow: Scan documents directly into ImageNow from a scanner attached to your computer
- ImageNow Mail Agent: Send email directly into ImageNow.
- ImageNow Recognition Agent: Use optical and intelligent character recognition to ‘read’ a document and save it to the ImageNow Content Server.
- ImageNow Content Server: Perform full context searches on content captured by the ImageNow Recognition Agent.
- ImageNow eForms: Create and use electronic forms.
3. Install and log on to ImageNow
- Navigate to the UCT ImageNow downloads page and download ClientSetup_3470.exe.
- Navigate to where you saved the file and double-click the installation file.
- Scroll to the bottom of the licence agreement and click Next to accept the licence.
- In the Custom Setup dialog box, select the following features for installation on the local hard drive:
- ImageNow Client Files
- Demo Images
- User Help
- Administrator Help
- Support for viewing non-graphic data
- ImageNow Printer
- Note: Do not enable Business Insight Integration
- Click Next.
- Enter the following information in the Default Connection Profile dialog box:
- Profile name: Production
- Server name: Srvwinimg001.wf.uct.ac.za
- Port number: 6000
- Click Next.
- Leave the text box blank in the Perceptive Enterprise Deployment Server dialog box, then click Next.
- Select the shortcuts you’d like, then click Next.
- Click Install > Finish and close the installation dialog box.
- Open ImageNow and log on using your UCT username and password.
ImageNow can be used in different ways and for different purposes, depending on your department and role. If you’re an authorised user, follow the procedures below as required:
- Admissions procedures
- HR procedures: Contact Helen Duncan (Information Designer, HR Systems & Support Office).