ICTS charges a minimum fee per attendee to cover some of the costs of running the training lab. The course fees are listed on the ICTS training calendar.
UCT staff and students pay a reduced fee provided you include your staff or student number when you book.
All fees must be paid prior to the start of the course. Bookings with no payment information will be cancelled.
- UCT staff must enter their fund and cost centre numbers when booking. The course fee will automatically be deducted from the that fund and cost centre.
- Students and non-UCT delegates can either pay by cash or EFT. Please contact the course administrator (021 650 3017) to arrange payment.
UCT Banking details:
- Bank: Standard Bank – Rondebosch
- Code: 025009
- Account number: 071 503 854
- Reference: Staff/student number and course code.
There are different funding models used across campus. The course fee contributes towards the outlay incurred in maintaining the training room facilities and paying various software license fees, etc. The cost of the courses is also well below that of external (commercial) training companies.
You will receive a confirmation email shortly after you have submitted your online application form. You will receive final confirmation and logistical details a week before the commencement of the selected course. We recommend that you add this to your own Outlook calendar.
First check to see if the course is shown as fully booked, if not proceed to book a place on the course. If a course is fully subscribed you will be offered a place on the waiting list in the event of a cancellation. You will be notified during the week prior to the commencement of the course whether there are any cancellations.
You may send someone in your place, provided that you notify us beforehand. You will be refunded (if no-one attends in your place) as long as you notified us of the cancellation at least 1 week prior to the commencement of the course. No refunds will be processed for cancellations closer than 1 week before the training starts.
ICTS reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses should the need arise, e.g. where there is an insufficient number of registrations. If a course is cancelled or postponed you will be informed via email a week before the course starts. We will attempt to contact you, in order to book you onto the next available course.
ICTS offers onsite seminars and customised courses in response to the specific training needs of a department. The venue and facilities must be provided by the department that requested the training. A flat rate of R600.00 per hour is charged (regardless of the size of the group), excluding the cost of any manuals. Please contact the Course Co-ordinator (021 650 5392) for more information.
- Morning sessions: 09h00 - 12h00
- Afternoon sessions: 13h00 - 16h00
Some courses cover a full day (not a half day), but this is indicated on the course calendar.
- All ICTS-run courses and seminars are held in the ICTS Training Room 1, in Room 102.1, Level 1, in the Wilfred and Jules Kramer Law building, Middle Campus.
- The Technical writing courses are held either in the Training Lab, Cambria House, Middle Campus, or in Training Room 2, Room 102, Level 1, Wilfred and Jules Kramer Law building, Middle campus.
Parking is available on middle campus. Visitors can purchase temporary parking discs from the Visitors' Reception and Information Office for:
- R24,00 per day
- R68,00 per week
- R168 per month for a visitor’s bay.
Yellow bay disc holders may park in any yellow bay on campus. Illegal parking can result in your car being ticketed or clamped.
You will need to cater for your own lunch, but biscuits are provided, along with a voucher for tea or coffee. There are a number of eating facilities available in close proximity to the training lab.
UCT staff members may hire the labs when no scheduled training is taking place. For prices, booking information and terms and conditions, see Hiring of the ICTS training labs.